Obviously this will not be implemented as a Sniff.
But our tool should ease TYPO3 updates in all possible ways. One would be to check the database. Are you including
css_styled_content which is no longer available?
Therefore we should probably provide different tools, one providing phpcs standards as already done. One providing db migrations, a distribution to bundle all together, etc.
We should implement the
css_styled_content as a first example to kickstart the architecture and feature to check the database.
Once that's implemented, create issues for the following tasks:
- Apply TypoScript checks to database, see #54 (closed)
- Apply PageTSConfig checks to database, see #54 (closed)
- Apply UserTSConfig checks to database, see #54 (closed)
- Check whether removed fields contain something that will be lost during migration?
- Check what TYPO3 does between the versions to create further related issues.